Followers

Thursday 16 August 2012

First Time For Everything

Hi to all you bloggers out there,
This is my first time of blogging so I do ask that you take me by the hand as I embark on this journey.

I am a single parent of two fantastic teenagers, Poppy who is 18yrs old and about to leave home and head to university up in Scotland to study Fashion Design.  Niles is 15yrs old and into music, he hopes to go on to teach music and play in a band.

Due to health problems I am now a home maker and a serious crafter.  I have been very lucky in that I have managed to turn a room in our home into a craft room and this is stuffed to the gills with all things crafty.

I find that I get very inspired when sitting in my craft room which has a very large window letting in all the days sunlight.  Music also plays a part in inspiring me most of which is relaxation and meditation music.

I do not feel that I have any one style of crafting, it really is what comes to me at the time, this can be card making, using Art Parts as projects to making home made gifts.  I enjoy stamping, distressing, texture and altering items.

I have started doing demonstrations and teaching and love to see the look of wonder on peoples faces after they have managed to create the project I have been teaching.  Crafting is all about sharing and I find that the crafters I come across are very caring and sharing people.

I am looking forward to sharing my work and projects with you all here on my blog and I hope I can give some of you inspiration and encouragement to enable you to enjoy your crafting.

Thank you for looking in on my blog, I hope you will come back again?

Ria

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a journey you have had, from small acorns... :)

    ReplyDelete